DOUBLE BLOCK & BLEED VALVES
- Compact ball valve/needle valve and OS&Y assembly in one DBB.
- Working pressure up to 10,000 Psig (690 Bar).
- Every valve is subject to a pressure test in accordance with the standard API 598 or BS 6755 part 1.
- NPT Threaded connection to ANSI/ASME B1.20.1.
- Pressure rating as per ASME B16.34 Class 150 thru 2500.
- Anti-Static device is set between the stem and ball.
- Fire tested as per BS6755 part 2/API 607.
- Wetted components of sour gas service valve are selected as per requirements of NACE MR01-75/ISO 15156.
- Flange construction as per the requirement of ASME B16.5. Flange connections comply with EN 1092-1 are also available upon request.
- Reduced potential leak paths with primary & secondary isolation in one valve.
BV05 – Ball Valve Series 05
- 05 – Single Piece Forged Body
- 10FB – Three Piece Bolted Body Full Bore
- 10RB – Three Piece Bolted Body Reduce Bore
|1||9.5 mm (3/8”)|
|2||14 mm (1/2”)|
|3||19 mm (3/4”)|
|4||25 mm (1”)|
|5||38 mm (1 ½”)|
|6||42 mm (1- 11/16”)|
|7||50 mm (2”)|
- D – PEEK, Graphite, PTFE
- E – PEEK, PTFE, PTFE
- F – PEEK, VITON, PTFE
- A – Flange, RF Smooth
- B – Flange, Concentric Serrated
- C – Flange, RTJ
- 8N – 1/2 Female NPT
- (9.5mm & 14mm Bore Only)
- 12N – 3/4 Female NPT
- (9.5mm & 14mm Bore Only)
- F – Flange (Same as Process)
- S – SS316
- C – Carbon Steel
- D – Duplex
- M – Monel
- I – Inconel
- 4 – ¼” Female NPT
- 8 – ½” Female NPT
Double Block and Bleed Valve
At YDB Valves, we engineer high quality double block and bleed valve customized to match process requirements. All double block & bleed valve at YDB valves are manufactured under control of ISO 9001 to ensure process integrity.
Why YDB Double Block & Bleed Valve Are Preferred by Customers?
Double block and bleed (DBB) valves provide a single valve that can simultaneously cut off/isolate the downstream and upstream systems. In the block and bleed configuration, needle valves or ball valves are used as drain valves or bleed valves while ball valves are used as isolation or block valves.
Double block & bleed valve provide positive shut-off and zero leakage which makes them ideal for product metering, product isolation, aviation fueling, blending, tagout/lockout, tank storage, product manifolds and other applications.
Double block and bleed valve are designed and manufactured according to API 6D/6A, ASME B16.34, NACE MR0175, API 598, API 607 and API 6FA. Each double block and bleed valve is 100% factory tested and approved for use in industrial and commercial applications.
In order to specify a double block and bleed valve, you must have an understanding of your outcome. Selecting the valves for your project can be challenging. YDB valves can help you choose the right valve for your application.
Advantages of Double Block and Bleed Valve
Double block & bleed valve are ideal for critical processes and widely used for hazardous fluids and high pressure systems. Applications where double block and bleed valve and double block and forged flange ball valves are used include gauge isolation, chemical seal isolation, chemical injection connection, chemical instrument isolation, direct mounting of instruments, sample connection, gauge isolation remote mounting of instruments and instrumentation drain.
Double block & bleed valve reduce costs of installation and allow fewer potential paths for leakage compared to traditional valve installations. Double block and bleed valve complete the work that would normally require three separate valves — one drain and two isolation — which means that less space is required for them. Some other advantages of installing double block and bleed valve are:
- Reduced bolting and gasket
- Reduced system vibrations
- Supporting brackets aren’t required
- Design becomes more compact
- Increased system reliability
- Improved personnel and plant safety
- YDB double block and bleed valves can handle pressure up to 10000 psi.
- Class 150 to 2500
Double Block and Bleed Valves Catalogue
We offer several configurations in our double block and bleed valves. Some of our double block and bleed valves are:
- Double Block and Bleed Ball Valves
- Double Block and Bleed Needle Valves
- Integral Block and Bleed Valves
- Forged flange ball valves
Contact us if you wish to know more about our double block and bleed valve products or need details about a specific product.
A double block and bleed valve mean a single valve with two sitting services in a closed position to provide a seal against pressure from both valve ends.
This means that the flow of the fluid in the system is blocked or isolated so the fluid coming from the upside does not touch other components of the system that are situated downside.
double block and bleed valves are most commonly used in the oil and gas industry along with other industries. They are exactly used where bleeding the valve cavity is needed.
Double block and bleed valve works on the principle of isolation where two ball gates, globe needles, and much more is used to achieve isolation from both the upstream and downstream pressures and process flows.
The bleed valve is found at the top position of the radiator to the side. However, it looks like a small circle hole within a square inside.
The block valves are the valves that are widely used to completely stop the flow of the gas or liquid through a pipe.
The bleed valve releases a year that sometimes we get trapped inside the radiators while making them inefficient.
This means that a single valve has two seating surfaces in a closed position.
Double block and bleed valves are widely used for the oil and gas industries